HOW DO WE DIFFER FROM OTHER CHURCHES?
In 1979 Rev. Frances Scher and Medium, Loll Washburn, started the Spiritualist Chapel of the Pines in a small yellow house on Luther Road in Auburn, CA. They had both been active Spiritualists in Southern, California. Though in the beginning there had been some opposition from the local community, the membership grew until the little house was too small. After several moves the congregation finally settled at our current location. A Charter from the National Association of Churches was obtained in 1981. In 1989, when the Chapel in the Pines was up and functioning, the founders returned to Southern California, each to a different location while the congregation in Auburn carried on.
DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLES
1. We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
2. We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals, and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are Divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
As the sunflower turns its face to the light of the sun, so Spiritualism turns the face of humanity to the light of truth.
Spiritualism is a Science, Philosophy and Religion of continuous life, based on the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of Mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World.
The National Spiritualist Association of Churches (NSAC) organization originally incorporated in 1883 and continues to this day in countries world wide.
Spiritualist Chapel of the Pines